Who We Are
Steven W Rodgers
composing, music arrangements, lyrics, graphic design
Steven W Rodgers received his MFA from the University of Virginia, and has nearly 30 years' experience as an editor, satirist, textbook author, newsletter publisher, playwright, arranger, composer. and college writing instructor. He has written textbooks, satirical essays, plays and musicals. He wrote and developed an English proficiency exam for new college students. He has edited a number of novels and memoirs, medical journal articles, and dissertations and theses on topics ranging from the latest in computer technology to soil composition. His speciality is line editing, in which he emulates the writer's style, improves sentence structure and finds more appropriate vocabulary to achieve the greatest flow and coherency. He has written over 300 songs, and 5 musicals, and has arranged for multi-part harmonies and orchestral instruments.
Some past writing experiences include:
• “Revolutionary Gentleman,” rock opera, Washington, D.C., Writer, Composer, Lyricist
• “What’s that Word” vocabulary textbook, Author
• Cavalier Daily, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, Columnist
• “The Will to Get Married,” comedy, Hudson Theatre, New York City, Playwright
(Ozark Writers’ League Award for Best Play of the Year)
• Northern Lights, Ernst Community Cultural Center Newsletter, Editor and Writer
• “All Write Already” English writing textbook, Author
• Dozens of official letters, lyrics, poems, press releases, Writer/Editor/Formatter
• “Dead Lovers,” comedy play, Nat Horne Theatre, New York City, Playwright
• 200 songs performed live and streamed on dozens of sites, Composer, Lyricist, Arranger (see soundcloud.com/mistercomposer)
Darci Howland in addition to her duties as administrative assistant, also specializes in formatting and in transcription of written work and verbatim/non-verbatim and desired format of audio in the areas of law enforcement/media/business/YouTube/general recordings. She also works in proofreading AI transcribing software and dictation legal/medical. State Police certified full background check; authorized to work with sensitive information. Strict confidentiality standards, always.